First anniversary!

Written By venus on Friday, March 15, 2013 | 12:58 AM

Yikes! I almost forgot! This is the blog's first anniversary! I've enjoyed this project, and hope to continue it as long as my interest holds.

As I noted in the initial posting, "I have created this blog mostly for my amusement. If other people like it, well, that's fine, too." Apparently you are amused as well.

For the start of my second year, I present a few photos that grace the walls and shelves of my home. The photos are gracefully done, I think. No naughty bits are displayed. Even so my mother and sister avert their eyes during their occasional visits. I guess they're not art lovers.

You may notice that I have a thing for Hugh Plummer. His nude body was the first to appear on the blog. I've posted a lot of him since then, and I'm always on the lookout for more of him, with or without clothes. Preferably without.


Ah … Hugh!

The gentleman in awe of the mountainside reminds me of a good friend of the 1980s and 1990s: longish dark hair, lean body and charming face. We met one day in a park, and became fast friends. After the passage of years, our lives veered in different directions, and we haven't seen each other since. I'd love to see him again.




I took this photo at the Gay Pride Parade in Toronto in June 2004. To emphasize the strong colors of the rainbow and the young lad, I washed out the backdrop using Photoshop. Toronto is a great city, especially during Pride Week.

This is one of my favorites. I bought it as a postcard in Provincetown, Massachusetts, back in the late 1980s. It's based on a book of nude photography by Andrew Kennedy. For details about this photo and the book, consult my posting of May 14, 2012.


Another favorite. It's a wonderful photo of Raoul Bova.




The newspapers in the background remind me of my early days as a news reporter. Ah, well, that was a long time ago and much has changed in my life.

I've always enjoyed watching daylight draw to a close on Gunnison Beach at Sandy Hook, New Jersey. I've crossed my fingers that I'll be able to return there this summer.

Simple, clean lines of the furnishings and floor, and the gorgeous body and face. What else could produce a better image?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts