Home » , » More of Mitt

More of Mitt

Written By venus on Monday, December 31, 2012 | 8:48 PM

Mitt Romney had a way with words. An odd way. A bizarre way. Here are a few choice phrases than endeared him to everyone who rooted for President Obama:


No Mexican gardeners need apply: "I'm running for office, for Pete’s sake, I can’t have illegals." (Said during a Republican debate in October 2011.)
On joblessness: "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed. … I'm networking. I have my sight on a particular job." (During one of those awkward moments to endear himself to Real Americans, some of whom actually had no jobs.)
On the poor: "I'm not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there. If it needs a repair, I'll fix it."
Again, trying to appeal to the common man: "I have some friends who are NASCAR owners." (When asked whether he follows NASCAR, a requisite for Southern Republicans.)
And for the football fans: "I've got a lot of good friends--the owner of the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets--both owners are friends of mine."
He's a betting man: "I'll tell you what. Ten thousand bucks? Ten-thousnd-dollar bet?" (Romney offering to bet Rick Perry in a debate over Mitt's role in Romneycare.)
So conservative am I: "I was a severely conservative Republican governor."
On baked goods: "I'm not sure about these cookies … They came from the local 7/11 bakery or whatever." (Tasting cookies after a campaign stop that included a trip to a mom-and-pop Pittsburgh bakery.)
On Harvard: "We have a president who, I think, is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps." (Romney has two Harvard degrees.)
Huh?: I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was."
On how much he likes American cars (except for that part about letting GM go bankrupt): "I drive a Mustang and a Chevy pickup truck. Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs, actually. And I used to have a Dodge truck. So I used to have all three covered."
The home touch: "This feels good, being back in Michigan … You know, the trees are the right height."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts