Home » , , » Spring has arrived!

Spring has arrived!

Written By venus on Thursday, April 10, 2014 | 9:52 PM

Finally, a true sign of spring. 

My first spring bulbs have begun blooming. I think they are blue Siberian squill. I don't know that for sure; I inherited the bulbs when I bought the house. These bulbs always are the first in my yard to bloom. Sometimes they will tolerate an occasional snowflake. But this year was different. The weather here in eastern Pennsylvania was intensely cold and snowy all winter; the seasonal snowfall was the third greatest on record. Hence, the bulbs are nearly three weeks late in blooming. 

We'll take what we get. Better times are ahead. It still may be a little chilly outdoors. The leaves have yet to unfurl. Skinny-dipping is only for the hardiest of souls. But we're moving forward. Let's salute the springand the opportunity to begin shedding outdoor garb.


My Siberian Squill



Photo by Kiumeireles







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts