Home » , » Man on a hot tin roof

Man on a hot tin roof

Written By venus on Saturday, March 15, 2014 | 11:06 AM

Well, this is not exactly the name I had in mind for this posting, but, well, there you have it. It popped into my head. I think I may have seen the film version many, many years ago. The title, of course, refers to the Tennessee Williams' play "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," which, among other things, had a subplot that raised the issue of homosexuality. 

When the play became a film, the question of one of the main male character's unusually close relationship--and possible love affair--between his football buddy was excised on the cutting room floor. Too racy for the late 1950s. (Everything was too racy then, which is the reason no one likes that decade in particular except for those who pine for the era of a husband and wife with two kids living in ticky-tack house in an all-white suburban housing tract.) 

Well, I have gotten off point, as I am won't to do. Suffice to say, I present for your enjoyment some photos of men on roofs. As far as I'm concerned, none of them are living in the Mississippi bayous, none of them are unhappy and none of them are unsure about their sexuality (whether they are gay or straight). And I'm sure you won't mind spending time with one or more of them.




Lobernogen

Photo by Mikel Marton







Photo by Sasha Kargaltsev

Adam, photo by Ryan Edward Scott


Derek, in San Francisco



French singer Allan Theo

Martin, in New Orleans

Wakefield Dawn, by Richard J. Rothstein



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts