Home » » That face, that face, that marvelous face

That face, that face, that marvelous face

Written By venus on Thursday, November 21, 2013 | 12:04 AM

I like Broadway shows. The modern classics such as "The Phantom of the Opera or Les Misérables." The classic classics: "Gypsy," "Chicago" and "Annie Get Your Gun." And the lesser known shows: "Aida" and "Titanic." (Changes in my income have prevented me from seeing the newer shows.) So when the word "face" came to my mind, I thought of a lyric from "The Producers," the Mel Brooks-Tom Meehan comedy that is on the very top of my favorites. The lyric was sung by a man of innocence (played spectacularly by Matthew Broderick in the original cast) longing for a very curvaceous blonde who was hired as the office secretary. As in the lyric, these men here have "those lips, that nose, that chin." The song concludes:

"I'm certain if I fall in love
I'm lost without a trace
But it's worth it … for that face."

OK, put me down as a Broadway queen. But I wouldn't mind falling in love with these men with that face.

Hugh Plummer









Adam



Michael Vavra



Robert Craig







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts