Home » , , , » Get out the razor

Get out the razor

Written By venus on Monday, November 25, 2013 | 9:56 PM

I am partial to men who, by nature or intent, lack hair on their chests. My chest is naturally hairless. Actually I have seven or eight hairs around each of my nipples and another dozen or so in the middle of my chest. It's futile. So off they go.


I've been shaving my balls since the late 1980s, long before the practice became commonplace. A couple years ago, I took the further step of getting rid of my pubic hair. I enjoy the smooth look. In the summer months I feel cooler and cleaner. It's also worth noting that dense pubic hair conceals part of the penis. Shaving off the pubic hair makes one's penis look longer.

Men who are hairy find that their body retains a lot of heat, which creates excess perspiration. Bacteria thrive, especially in the armpits, which produces body odor. I trim my armpits every so often to keep the hair to a quarter of an inch long. Sometimes I forget to use deodorant in the morning, only to find that by the end of the day, there is little or no odor.

Most competitive swimmers shave their heads. Even though I'm neither competitive nor a swimmer, I tried that once. Unfortunately my skull is too bumpy for a pretty presentation. A good friend of mine does shave his head because he is going bald anyway. Being totally bald gives him a strong, masculine presence. I've seen photos of him before he began shaving; he wasn't nearly as appealing.

Now, here's some advice. When shaving off pubic hair, use an electric trimmer to create stubble. Then take a nice, hot shower. That softens the remaining hair. Finish off the job with a good quality manual razor and quality shaving cream. I use a Gillette model that has five blades on its head. I've heard the Phillps Norelco Bodygroom Shaver works well, too. Always take caution; don't rush. You don't want to create pimples or cuts.

Keep in mind that shaving your body hair is like shaving your face. You'll have to do it again and again. For me, that's usually once every five or six days. Others might need to do it oftener. And take caution, don't rush. You don't want to have pimples or cuts. Resort to a moisturizer if that happens. 

The Palo Alto Medical Foundation says there are several myths about body shaving. Hair will not grow back faster. Actually the rate of growth is the same; you simply notice the change more. Hair will not become thicker. The body has a set number of hair follicles, and no new ones are created by shaving. Also, shaving does not necessarily create more ingrown hairs than not shaving. And finally, shaving your pubic region will not eliminate crabs or public lice, which are created by sexual contact and are highly infectious.

So with all that said, here are some fine examples of men who shaved their bodies. I hope you find them as attractive as I do.





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts