Home » , » Sorry if I'm being a downer but ...

Sorry if I'm being a downer but ...

Written By venus on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 | 9:17 PM

Two weeks ago, I drove north through Carbon County on the Pennsylvania Turnpike to visit my mom. The forests were ablaze in yellows, reds, oranges and browns, punctuated here and there by evergreens. It was a mild, sunny day but I became depressed during the drive. I know a lot of people love seeing fall foliage. Granted, it's pretty to look at, but as I see it, the turning of the leaves actually represents nature's death rattle. All nature's remaining strength goes into this one last act. Next, gloom and cold envelopes the landscape for months. Going outdoors means wearing clothes--lots of them. Naturists must hide indoors, cranking up the heat to a tolerable level, and turning on bright lights to make up for intense clouds and short daytimes. Winter sucks, and not in a good way. I've been trying to avoid the inevitable, but the weather over the next few days promises to be so inclement that I can no longer delay. Here is a sampling of autumn images. Sure, they may look nice, but remember: Winter is nigh.



Hidden Lake in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area


Little Gap Nature Center in Carbon County, Pennsylvania


Adamstown in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania



Delaware Water Gap, along the Delaware River bordering Pennsylvania and New Jersey










Photos by M Marshall Studios







And we present an opposing viewpoint ...



Tomorrow we return with our normal collection of happy naked men.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts